Who am I? Who knew that such a simple question would be so hard to answer?
I’m a daughter, a wife, a mother, a sister and a friend. I’m also a foster parent and a small business owner. I’m a writer. I love helping people see the world differently and help them feel better about themselves. I’m all sorts of things …… and just because, I now give you this:
25 Random Things About Me
1. I’ve been married for 23 years and have liked my husband for almost all of those years.
2. My most favourite thing to eat is BREAD followed closely by potatoes, which may be a contributor to my ongoing weight issues. That and Iced Capps.
3. I can’t stand being Hot – Summer is my least favourite season of the year. Unfortunately, I really like having a tan.
4. I love reality shows and how stupid people are, even though they know they’re being recorded. I also don’t understand why everyone on Survivor turns their back on their original alliances – seriously people, have you not watched the show and know that people are lying to you???
5. I absolutely adore reading, but don’t do it nearly enough. Thankfully, I read crazy fast, so when I finally start reading, I get finished quickly.
6. I have NO desire to travel anywhere that I can’t drive home from. I’d be willing to drive for 7 days straight, so I can travel pretty far, but I won’t be crossing any oceans anytime soon. I do get carsick incredibly easy though, so I need to travel in a motorhome.
7. I collect Starbucks You Are Here Mugs from all over the world, but my disdain for travel makes the collecting difficult. So if you’re ever in Malaysia … get me a mug. 😉
8. I don’t like being in huge noisy crowds of people – it gives me an instant headache & nausea.
9. I love being a stay-at-home Mom, so much so, that I became a Foster Parent 13 years ago. I’ve got 2 kids of my own and a minimum of 4 others at any given time.
10. I LOVE frosting and could care less about eating the cake that it is delivered on.
11. I try really hard not to hurt other people’s feelings, even when I should probably say something for their own good or to stand up for myself.
12. I don’t understand how people don’t believe in God, and am thankful that I do. My strength is not enough to get me through this life, and I need him to lean on.
13. I have lots of “friends” …but only a handful of really close ones.
14. I’ve got a really good sense of humor and love to laugh, and try to keep every situation light and fun.
15. I HATED every single moment of being pregnant as it was such a difficult time for both me and my babies. I’d take labour and delivery over 9 months of that anyday!!
16. I’m TERRIFIED of being buried alive, and can’t even stand laying in a tanning bed. This may also explain my hatred of airplanes, elevators, gondolas, traffic jams, corn mazes, etc. If I can’t get out, I freak out.
17. I’ve had 2 different surgeries in my life and I’ve been “awake” for all of them. Let me tell ya – that’s NOT a fun time and I don’t wish that on anyone. (Awake, as in the doctors thought I was sleeping, but I wasn’t and was too frozen to tell them otherwise).
18. I have never watched Harry Potter or Twilight, so for all of you people that use those shows as references, I have no idea what you’re talking about. AND I have no desire to watch them. I did force myself to watch Lord of the Rings this year though, and I’m still confused.
19. I love the sound of Sean Connery’s voice, and could listen to him talk all day long.
20. I own an online store and I LOVE it. I love designing decals for people.
21. I am totally content doing nothing. I love going on vacation and NOT sightseeing. (Much to my husbands dismay).
22. I would love nothing more than to get my hair done on a regular basis, but I just can’t justify spending that much money on myself so I make my bestie colour my hair for me.
23. I drink copious amounts of water. Can someone actually drink too much water?
24. I hate cooking. Not a little bit, but with every fibre of my being. It’s not that I can’t, I just don’t want to.
25. I am REALLY bothered by words and actions that are reactive as opposed to pro-active. I would rather fight for whats right than to stand back and just let things happen. I truly believe that people don’t have to fail before they learn a lesson.
Thanks for reading. 🙂